LOS ANGELES -- This fall, UCLA Extension kicks-off its 100-year anniversary with a free community Open House at its new Woodland Hills Center.
UCLA Extension is one of the nation's largest and most comprehensive continuing education institutions, and the Open House provides a look at in-demand careers for professionals by industry and based on popular certificates and programs.
Workshop speakers include UCLA Extension Distinguished Instructors: Nance Rosen, career coach, personal branding expert and called America's job coach by CNBC; Kim Adelman, author of Making it Big in Shorts: The Ultimate Filmmaker's Guide to Short Films; Billy Mernit, screenwriter and novelist, story analyst and author of Writing the Romantic Comedy and Imagine Me and You; and James Bassett, a professor at Cal Poly Pomona's College of Business.
The event also features these guest speakers: Cynthia Harrington, Managing Director, Sagespring Associates LLC; Varaz Shahmirian, Director, UCLA Extension Engineering & Technical Management; Vivian Taslakian, Project Management Specialist; and Denise Braun, LEED AP, from All About Waste. A highlight of the Open House is the Robert Half presentation, Who is Hiring & Skills in Demand, with Sabrina Deep.
Open House Workshop Schedule*
- 10:00 a.m. - Healthy Eating with Whole Foods Market (M. Dimakos)
- 10:30 a.m. - Accounting and Finance Careers (Harrington)
- 10:30 a.m. - Sustainability & Environmental Sciences Careers (Bassett/Braun)
- 11:00 a.m. - How to Position Yourself for a Successful Career in the Entertainment (Adelman/Mernit)
- 11:00 a.m. - Robert Half Career Workshop – Who is Hiring & Skills in Demand(Deep)
- 12:00 p.m. - Optimizing Your LinkedIn Profile and Personal Brand (Rosen)
- 12:00 p.m. - Project Management Careers in IT, Engineering and more (Shahmirian/Taslakian)
In addition, there will be special presentations by Whole Foods Market and the UCLA Computer. Seating is limited, and reservations can be made through Eventbrite. All attendees are entered into a raffle to win free classes, valued at $700 each, and receive a 10 percent discount on Fall enrollment at the event.
The UCLA Extension Open House takes place on Saturday, September 16 at the Warner Center (AIG Building), Woodland Hills, 21650 Oxnard Street, Suite 200, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Complimentary parking is provided off Owensmouth Avenue.
SOURCE UCLA Extension
Renew your subscription to Hispanic Outlook here